OKAY GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!
I was talking about guest rooms and beds here at The Claiborne House. As we finish the renovations to The Sierra Suite our largest room at the inn, I wanted to share a few details about this beautiful room with you, and what makes it so special. Other than the obvious hard work every night and two weekends to get the room freshened up for y'all!
|The Sierra Suite is our largest room|
|The king bed is now along the wall to the right|
|Private Bath (all of our rooms have private baths fyi)|
First to note, size does matter. The Sierra Suite has a tall king sized bed with a step up. The bed itself - now that we have placed it on a different wall (than in the images above) is gorgeous. It is hand turned walnut, for those wood workers reading this, you will appreciate the craftsmanship in this bed! Comments about it being "uber comfy" also apply.
Other than the painting and adding new outlets and removing a door, replacing drywall and plaster, etc. We have replaced the blinds, changed out the old TV with a brand new 32" flat screen TV. There is an iPod docking station with speakers (so bring that along if you want to hear your own tunes). There is some artwork from our local Uttermost Company. Here are some more features for you to hear about:
- Sunken Room (you step down 3 steps to enter this room)
- Vaulted Ceilings
- Sitting area with sofa (is a sofa bed)
- Wingback chair
- Side table w/reading lamp
- Soft muted colors to inn-hance relaxation/floral curtains
- Wall to wall carpet
- Antique accouterments
- Bathrobes in a light sage
- Hair dryer and ironing board with iron
- Built in closet
- Dresser and two nightstands with lamps
- Lots of windows and light (overlooking the 3 level ponds and gardens)
- Private bath with shower stall and pedestal sink, (marble floor tiles), antique mirror
- A new lovely ceiling fan with ornamental fixture
- Central A/C and Heat
- A private entrance from the gardens (guests on wedding nights or romantic escapades love this! We will leave the lights on low, the door unlocked from the outside and they sneak in unbeknownst to us for a special evening together)
- Complimentary WiFi (I mention complimentary as most hotels charge a daily fee for wifi!)
- Breakfast delivered to your door! (We have chosen two rooms for this amenity, because we can only deliver two plus serve everyone else at the dining room table)
You may also like to order some romantic add-ons to surprise your sweetie:
INNSTANT ROMANCE ADD ONS
Now if I can just borrow Jim Scott in the PACNW's wide-angle-lens for my Nikon I could get some new photos! This is the part guests don't understand, it is a major ordeal to get new photos, something minor like an alarm clock looks cluttered in room photos. No worries, it is on the list!
VIRGINIA IS FOR BED AND BREAKFAST LOVERS